Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Gift Idea: Soap Scrubby!

I don't know if I mentioned it, but this year my goal is to crochet all of my Christmas gifts. My index finger on my right hand hurts every morning when I wake up. But, in the process, I'm learning a lot and making many cool things for people in my life.

While surfing for "last minute Christmas gifts", I came across the idea of a soap scrubby, given with a bar of handmade soap. My favorite soap is a handmade soap that I buy several bars of at Pennsic each year from Past Thyme Perfumerie. I love love love their Dragon's Blood soap.

So, I took a look a look at several patterns, and then true to form, decided not to use any of them and make my own. I thought these might be great for some of my coworkers. SO....here's the pattern!



Materials
Hook: J (6.0mm)
Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream Cotton

Stitches:
sc= single crochet
DC= double crochet
HDC= half double crochet
CL= Custer stitch

Note: To complete CL, yarn over, insert hook into next stitch, yarn over, pull yarn through loop to height of row, yarn over, repeat four times. Yarn over, pull yarn through eight loops on hook, yarn over, pull through remaining two loops on hook.

Rnd 1:  Ch 10, insert hook in 2nd chain from hook and HDC in each chain across. Make 3 HDC in last stitch, and contine down the other side with 1 HDC in each stitch on the other side of foundation chain. Make 3 HDC in last stitch, join to first stitch with sl.

Rnd 2: Ch 1, 1 sc in next two stitches, (CL in next stitch, sc in next stitch) three times, sc in next three stitches, (CL in next stitch, sc in next stitch) three times, sc in each stitch to end of round, sl to last stitch in round.

Rnd 3: Ch 1, DC in each stitch around. Sl to last stitch in round.

Rnd 4-9: Repeat Rnds 2-3 three times.

Rnd 10: Ch 1, DC in each stitch around.

Rnd 11: Ch 1, sc in each stitch around. Finish off and tie in ends.

Drawstring:
Braid three strands of yarn to create a 5'' braid. Knot off at both ends. Starting at last stitch made, weave in to every other stitch on last row.

I made one for us too and hubs loves it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment