Monday, December 1, 2014

Sunny Kitchen Hot Pad

As promised in my last post, I'm going to share with you how to create my Sunny Kitchen Hot pads. I looked and looked and looked for a pattern for hot pads that I liked, but couldn't find one, so I whipped this one up. They're super easy (and quick to make). They look nice and make great gifts (I will be giving some to coworkers for Christmas!)



Materials
Hook: J (6.0 MM)
Yarn: The "Sunny" hot pads use Sugar and Cream Cotton Yarn in Creamsicle (less than 1 skein), or you can use any color of cotton yarn you like

Stitches
DC= double crochet
HDC=half double crochet
Sl= slipstitch



Directions

Rnd 1: Ch 3, insert hook in first chain and slipstitch to join. 10 HDC inside ring, sl to first stitch of round.

Rnd 2 & 3: Ch 1, 2 HDC in each stitch around, sl to first stitch of round

Rnd 4: Ch 1, (2 HDC in first stitch, 1 HDC in next stitch) repeat around, sl to first stitch of round

Rnd 5: Ch 1, (2 HDC in first stitch, 1 HDC in next two stitches) repeat around, sl to first stitch of round

Rnd 6: Ch 1, (5 DC in first stitch, skip two stitches, sl, skip two stitches) repeat around to create scallops. Sl to first stitch in round. Weave in ends.

This pattern is also available as a FREE PDF  download on Ravelry.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment